Meadow Croft Reward Card
Dear valued Reward Card holder,
As you may be aware, we have had a Reward Card scheme in place for a number of years. Originally we produced the scheme to be able to offer our loyal customers (that’s you!) a ‘thank you’ each time you shop with us. As a small business, we are as ever, eternally grateful for the support we are shown by our loyal customers and our local community. We hope we also show our gratitude by the service we offer and for the support we are able to offer local charities, schemes and groups throughout the year too.
After a lengthy and often complicated review of the new GDPR regulations coming into effect on May 25th 2018, it is with sadness that we have to announce the Reward Card scheme will cease to exist from that date. Unfortunately, the new European GDPR ( European General Data Protection Regulations) coming into force mean an audit and overhaul of our system so large and so complex, it would be impossible for us as a small team to safely administer and manage. There are many permutations to the scale and complexity of what this would mean for both yourself as a customer to comply with and for us as a small team to successfully manage. Please be rest-assured that we have spent the best part of 6 months combing through the GDPR legislation and what it means for our customers and the Reward Card scheme before coming to this conclusion. We are enormously disappointed that this legislation makes it impossible for us to continue to say ‘thank you’ to you in the way that we have always done.
However, as we are an enormously upbeat bunch, we want you to know that where there is a will, there is a way and we will not be deterred! So although the Reward Card scheme will be no more, we are working extra hard to make sure we can say ‘thank you’ in other ways, including the addition of lots more monthly special offers, discounts and promotions in-store. We really hope you’ll find them even more rewarding.
What this means for you:
• From 25th May 2018, all personal details pertaining to a Reward Card will be removed from our system, and only the card numbers will remain.
• You can accrue points on your card until 24th May 2018.
• If you forget your card whilst making a purchase in-store, you have up until the 24th May 2018 to bring your receipt in to get your points added.
• You can redeem points up until 31st December 2018. (This can only be done with a valid card, so please don’t throw yours away until your points have been redeemed).
• We will still continue to provide all the great in-store promotional offers you currently receive with your card. They’ll now be called Monthly Offers instead of Reward Card Offers and will be available to all our customers.
We know you will have many questions regarding the Reward Card scheme in the coming weeks and we have done our best to answer as many as we can above. We will also do our best to endeavour to answer any questions you may have in-store and you are welcome to contact us via our website or social media platforms too.
Garden Centre Manager