Gardening Jobs for JunePosted: 1 Jun 2022
Not only are we celebrating The Queen's Platinum Jubilee this month, but we also have our 'Lavender Week' from 13th - 19th June. Come along to the garden centre to pick up some gorgeous Lavender plants as well as many Lavender products in our Gift Shop.
Here are our 'Simon Says' June Gardening Jobs...
- Pinch out side-shoots on tomato plants.
- Water and feed Tomatoes regularly.
- Pinch out side-shoots, 2 leaf joints beyond the flowers.
- Harvest early potatoes when they flower.
- Keep sowing and harvesting salad leaf crops.
- Feed planted hanging baskets and tubs. Peat-free composts require more feed than peat-based, so regular feeding is encouraged.
- Hoe, or use weed killer to kill weeds before they flower.
- Apply Evergreen Complete to lawns to keep them looking good.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs that have stopped flowering.
- Dead-head Roses regularly to encourage new growth and more flowers.
- Shade greenhouses to help reduce high temperatures.
- Lift and store Tulip bulbs when the green has gone from the leaves.
- Prune Wisteria side-shoots back to approximately 20cm of the main stems.
- Plant out tender plants, like Impatiens, Hibiscus and Coleus.
- Apply Hydrangea colourant to blue Hydrangeas, to help keep them blue.
- Keep beans watered to prevent fruit drop.